Who doesn’t love hazel nut spread. These protein muffins help curve hazel nut spread cravings without eating the whole jar!
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 Scoops Vanilla iSatori Bio-Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- ½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. of Hazel Nut Spread
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the whole-wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, flaxseed and salt. Mix until the ingredients are even.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, bananas, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix together.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway with the mixture, then add a teaspoon drop of Hazel Nut spread in the middle of each before filling the rest of the cup with mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.
- Place the muffin tray in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Looking for more quick healthy meals? See 5-Minute Fit Meals
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com