This shrimp is an easy recipe that provides a zesty protein source to take with you for lunch or to have with dinner.
- 1 lb. medium uncooked shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag. Pour half of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. Cook shrimp on one side until pink, and then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion.
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com