We’re always looking for new, delicious ways to get our protein, because it is essential for building lean, functional muscle and can play a major roll in losing fat. Achieving approximately one gram of protein per pound of target body weight is an acceptable standard for people looking to up their muscle and strength, while helping keep body fat levels in check. Here is a flavorful Instant Pot recipe to take your chicken and protein to the next level. Get ready to enjoy Muscle Building Instant Pot Chicken Tacos!
Bonus: it only requires a few ingredients and under 30 minutes to prepare.
Muscle Building Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 3, 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot (A slow cooker can be used instead of an Instant Pot however cooking time would be extended).
- Add chicken broth.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken breasts and add salsa.
- Press Poultry button and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked and shreds easily.
- If not cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.Once done, release pressure and shred chicken with two forks. Serve with or without taco shells. Enjoy.
- Serve with corn taco shells or corn tortillas, low-fat shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (serves 3):
- Calories: ~210 (Without fruit or nuts)
- Carbs: 15 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g
Looking for more quick healthy meals? See 5-Minute Fit Meals
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com