This is a great Lasagna High Protein Soup recipe to switch up your dinners for a good home cooked meal!
- 1 pound ground Italian turkey sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ½ ounces)
- 1 can organic tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 2 leaves bay
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup multigrain farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 6 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil optional
- Spray the Instant Pot with cooking spray and set the pot to sauté setting, regular level of heat.
- After the pot preheats for a minute or two, add the sausage and cook until brown.
- Add garlic, onions, carrots and bay leaves and continue cooking until veggies are soft, about another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano and pasta.
- Place the lid on, lock it and set it to pressure-cook for 2 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Allow the soup to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then use the level to quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the bay leaves. Stir in chopped spinach and tomato sauce.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with Parmesan and ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkle with a little mozzarella and fresh basil.
Looking for more quick healthy meals? See 5-Minute Fit Meals
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com