Simple Lemon Asparagus is an easy side dish that adds color to your meal.
- 1/3 lb. Asparagus
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Prepare asparagus by rinsing and cutting off the tough ends.
- Cut into 1-2″ sections, slicing at a slight diagonal.
- Fill a medium sized saucepan half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Parboil for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water.
- While asparagus is still hot, toss in a bowl with lemon juice, cayenne, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temp.