This recipe is a great way to spice up you chicken life with tasty feta and spinach.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz. chopped frozen spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 clove diced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt TT
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the spinach, feta, cream cheese, garlic and half of the salt in a bowl.
- Cut a pocket into the side each chicken breast.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into the pocket you made in the chicken breasts. Season the top of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan set over medium heat, and then add the stuffed chicken, topside down first. Cook for 5 minutes, until brown and flip the chicken over.
- Place the pan into the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com