Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
If you love the taste of sweet potatoes fries but can do without the empty calories, then we have the healthy sweet potato fries recipe. These sweet potato fries are the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- Peel the sweet potatoes skin off. Cut the potato in half and start cutting small fry shapes. The thinner the crispier they will be.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Place sliced sweet potato fry shapes onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and cayenne powder over the top and mix them around to coat the fries completely.
- Place into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Take out and flip the fries over. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure they are crisp and do not overcook them.
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics
Looking for more great tasting protein snacks?