This is a high protein meal that is great for a family at home dinner.
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add ground turkey, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until brown.
- Add cooked quinoa, tomato sauce, 1 cup of chicken broth, and chopped cilantro. Stir well and cover the pan. Let simmer over low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture simmers, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and slice the bell peppers in half. Remove the seeds and membranes inside.
- Put bell peppers halves into an oven dish. Fill each half with as much turkey-quinoa filling as you can. Pour remaining chicken broth into the baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle each bell pepper with shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com