This recipe is a quick one as a snack or meal. Great for a seafood twist!
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea White Albacore Tuna in Water 5 ounces & drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocado. Add the tuna, breadcrumbs, cilantro, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and egg. Mix all of these ingredients together.
- Form into small patties. Turn on stove to medium heat and place a pan on the heat. Spray with non-stick spray well.
- Place the patties on the pan. Bake for 5 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for 3-5 minutes. Once they are golden brown they are done. Enjoy!
By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics – www.sierafit.com